Fibre Shield is a pure acrylic elastomeric paint with added fibre for use on walls & various roof types. Shield is a unique acrylic formulated with a combination of polymers providing excellent opacity and waterproof properties. Fibre Shield is designed for sealing exterior walls, window ledges and various roof types from water penetration.
INTENDED APPLICATION AREAS
• Flat concrete roofs.
• Cement tiles (new or weathered), fibre cement sheeting (new or weathered), Plaster, previously painted substrates.
• Metal sheeting.
• Seal nail heads and roofing bolts.
• Exterior walls.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Fibre Shield is an Acrylic waterproofing compound manufactured with Fibre reinforcement, which, when applied correctly will prevent water penetration into the substrate. Applied in several layers it forms a thick protective membrane for wall and roof waterproofing.
• This Product is based on a flexible and water resistant Acrylic resin emulsion.
• This Product remains flexible for years even after extended exposure to the environment.
• Besides its use on roofs, this product can be successfully applied on walls as a waterproofing paint, especially where hairline cracks are evident.
• This Product is ideal for repair work on roofs such as sealing nail heads, leaking flashings and repairing damaged or cracked roofing felt.
• Can be used on window ledges and to seal Parapet wall tops
• Highly durable and UV resistant.
• Highly water resistant.
• Excellent long term flexibility.
• Excellent adhesion.
• Quick drying.
• Low odour.
• Two to three coats of Fibre Shield is used for best results on roofs.
Resin Base: Acrylic resin emulsion
Appearance: High sheen
Colours: Matched to clients requirements
Drying time: Touch dry: ±1Hour Hard dry: ±6Hours
Thickness: 500 - 1000µm DFT achieved in 2 – 4 coats for waterproofing pitched roofs. 150 - 250µm DFT achieved in 1 coat for walls.
Spread rate: 1 - 2m²/lt per coat Spread rates depend on the type of substrate, substrate condition & application type
Application temp: Ambient temperature should preferably be >15⁰C or <35⁰C
Relative humidity: Maximum 90%
Always stir well before use until a homogeneous consistency is achieved. An electric drill with mixing head is preferred.
Application may be undertaken with a brush or short hair roller. Due to the high fibre content, spray application is not possible.
This Product is ready for use un-thinned; thinning with water will reduce its hiding power and effectiveness.
Application equipment may be cleaned with clean tap water and detergent.
• Apply a generous/thick coat of Fibre Shield to the area that needs protecting in small manageable sections.
• Allow to dry 4-6 hours before recoating.
• Apply a second and possibly third coat, waiting 4-6 hours between coats, until the recommended DFT is achieved.
• Three to four coats of this Product are used for best results.
• Do not apply before 09:00 and after 16:00 in the winter.
• Do not apply exterior if it looks like rain will occur within 4-6 hours of application.
Flat concrete roofs
• Remove dust & debris and ensure the screed is sufficiently cured.
• Apply single coat of Cem Shield waterproofing and allow to cure for 2-4hrs.
• Apply suitable solvent based concrete Primer.
• For roofs smaller than 40m² Apply 2 - 4 coats of Fibre Shield to achieve a DFT of >1000µm
• For roofs larger than 40m² Apply 2 coats of Shield placing geo-textile membrane between layers. Allow to dry for 24hrs. Apply and additional 2 coats Fibre Shield to achieve a DFT of >1500µm for the total system.
Pitched tiled or galvanized sheeted roofs
• Make sure old paint coatings are firm and solid.
• Remove all loose adhering, flaking and bubbling paint.
• Remove all dust, grease, foreign material, fungal and algae growth.
• Apply 1 - 2 coats of Fibre Shield.
• Remove dust, foreign material, fungal and algae growth. Remove loose and bubbling paint where applicable.
• Apply suitable Plaster Primer on all virgin plaster.
• Apply 1 – 2 coats of Shield
Fibre Shield is supplied in 20lt containers.
This Product is not flammable, contains no toxic substances and only low levels of VOC (EU regulations).
The information and specifications provided is to the best of our knowledge. The technical data contained herein are true and accurate at the date of issue and are subject to change without prior notice. No guarantee of accuracy is given or implied. We guarantee our products to conform to our quality control. We cannot be held responsible or liable, directly, or indirectly for the use of our products, coverage, performance, or injury resulting from its use, as we have no control over the method of application used or site conditions.