Shield is a pure acrylic elastomeric paint for use on walls & various roof types. Shield is a unique acrylic formulated with a combination of polymers providing excellent opacity and waterproof properties.
INTENDED APPLICATION AREAS
• Interior and exterior walls.
• Cement tiles (new or weathered), fibre cement sheeting (new or weathered), Plaster, previously painted substrates.
• Metal sheeting
• Parapet walls and counter flashing
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Shield is an Acrylic waterproof paint, which, when applied correctly will prevent water penetration into the substrate.
• This Product is based on a highly flexible and water resistant Acrylic resin emulsion.
• Applied to specification it seals walls and roofs and prevents water penetration.
• This Product remains highly flexible for years even after extended exposure to the environment.
• Can be used on window ledges and to seal Parapet wall tops
• Resistant to ponding water.
• Highly durable and UV resistant.
• Highly water resistant.
• Excellent long term flexibility.
• Excellent adhesion.
• Quick drying.
• Low odour.
• Covers walls in a single coat.
• Two to three coats of Shield are recommended for roofs.
Resin Base: Acrylic resin emulsion
Appearance: Low sheen Colours:
Matched to clients requirement
Drying time: Touch dry: ±1Hour Dry to overcoat: ±6Hours
Thickness: Walls: 80-150 microns DFT achieved in 1 coat Metal roofs: 350-500 microns DFT achieved in 1 - 2 coats
Spread rate: 3 - 4m²/lt per coat Spread rates depend on the type of substrate, substrate condition & application type
Ambient temperature should preferably be >15⁰C or <35⁰C
Always stir well before use until a homogeneous consistency is achieved. An electric drill with mixing head is preferred.
Application may be undertaken with a brush, roller or airless spray machine.
This Product is ready for use un-thinned; thinning with water will reduce its opacity and effectiveness.
Application equipment may be cleaned with clean tap water and detergent
• Apply a generous coat of Shield to the prepared surface.
• Allow to dry for ±6 hours before recoating.
• Apply a second and possibly a third generous coat, waiting 4-6 hours between coats, until the surface has an even and very noticeable low sheen
• Do not apply before 09:00 and after 16:00 in the winter.
• Do not apply exterior if it looks like rain will occur within 4-6 hours of application. SURFACE PREPARATION Weathered metal roofs
• Corroded areas need to be wire brushed or sanded with coarse sanding paper to bright metal.
• Remove all dust & debris • Spot primed with Hydro Shield Zinc phosphate primer.
• Apply 1 - 3 coats of Shield
New metal roofs
• Degrease surfaces with a water soluble Galvanized degreaser to remove the manufacturer’s grease protective layer. This process is repeated until the surface is water break free.
• Rinse well with potable water.
• Prime the Clean Degreased Metal with a suitable water based Metal Primer.
• Apply 2 - 3 coats of Shield.
Uncoated plastered walls
• Remove dust, foreign material, fungal and algae growth.
• Apply suitable Plaster Primer.
• Apply 1 – 2 coats of Shield
Previously painted surfaces
• Make sure old paint coatings are firm and solid
• Remove all loose, flaking and bubbling paint.
• Remove all dust, foreign material, fungal and algae growth.
• Apply 1 – 2 coats of Shield.
Shield is supplied in 20lt containers.
This Product is not flammable, contains no toxic substances and only low levels of VOC (EU regulations).
The information and specifications provided is to the best of our knowledge. The technical data contained herein are true and accurate at the date of issue and are subject to change without prior notice. No guarantee of accuracy is given or implied. We guarantee our products to conform to our quality control. We cannot be held responsible or liable, directly, or indirectly for the use of our products, coverage, performance, or injury resulting from its use, as we have no control over the method of application used or site conditions.